Applications are accepted on a rolling basis. Apply today!
Please review all requirements below before starting your application.
Application Details & Requirements
For the spring 2023 audition cycle, the Marian Anderson Young Artist Program is accepting applications from current 3rd-11th grade students in the following disciplines (please see our FAQs if you are in 11th grade!):
- All Orchestral Instruments (including harp)
- Jazz Instruments
- Voice (Classical and Jazz)
Our application takes about ten minutes to complete, and you will need the following information on hand before you begin. You will not be able to save your application mid-way, so please be prepared to complete the entire application. If you need help or have any questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Contact information for you and a parent/guardian
- Name and email address of someone who can recommend you to the program (this can be a band or choir director and must be someone who can speak about your musical abilities)
- Your racial/ethnic self-identification
- Your household size and income (You may need a parent or guardian to help you with this part.)
- Proof of income (previous year’s tax return)
- Musical experience – Be able to tell us what you have done musically (played in band in school; learned from my grandpa; conducted a small ensemble of friends playing a piece I wrote, etc.)
- Musical goals – Tell us what you want to do with music!
- Name and email address of your private teacher, if you have one
Apprentice Audition Requirements
Scholar Audition Requirements
To be considered for selection into the Marian Anderson Young Artists Program (Apprentice and Scholars), please complete the online application form and request a teacher recommendation from someone who can speak to your musical accomplishments – the form is below:
Once your complete application has been submitted (including your teacher recommendation), we’ll let you know if you have been invited to schedule a virtual interview and attend the live spring audition.