St. Francis weekly newsletter – 4/24
What’s POPpin at St. Francis?
General Updates & Reminders
ANNOUNCING: POP OUT OF THE BOX
We’re so excited to announce the next phase of online learning!
All POP families should have received an email from Ms. Jess on Thursday with details about this exciting new initiative, which features 2 main components:
- Core Classes (occurring 2-3 time a week and focusing on music theory and literacy skills)
- Online Workshops and Performances (virtual gatherings and performances with some of your favorite POP Teaching Artists, every Monday and Friday at 5:00 pm)
Follow the link below to check out all the offerings, and sign-up your student today! (Sign up link as it the bottom of the page, following the class & workshop descriptions). Students can be signed up for both Core Instruction AND workshops/performances!
Classes begin on May 4, and the deadline to register is May 1!
POP FAMILY PORTAL STILL OPEN
The Family Portal will remain open/accessible for any families wishing to utilize the 100+ instructional videos created by POP TA’s for at-home practice. While we encourage you to continue to use this excellent resource, students and families should shift their focus to the new online classes through ‘Pop out of the Box’.
How to access the Portal & POP Resources:
- Go to www.playonphilly.org (bookmark this site if you haven’t already!)
- Click on ‘POP Family’ (right side of the screen, next to ‘About’, ‘Programs’, ‘How we work’, etc)
- Type in password: popfamily
- Click on ‘RESOURCES’ (right side of the screen)
- This will take you to the bottom of the page – find the button that says ‘CLICK HERE’
- After clicking the button, a new page should open on your browser with a Google Drive Folder called ‘Family Resources’. I recommend bookmarking this page on your device(s).
- Here you will see the different resources labeled accordingly.
- NOTE: the Practice Videos are organized by level and instrument. The Music Theory videos are not always instrument specific, and can apply to more than one instrument family.
Meet our fabulous Teaching Artists!
Each week we will shine a spotlight one of the
18 teachers on our St. Francis team.
We are so lucky to have each and every one of them here at POP!
Paige Nelson is an active teacher and performer in the New Jersey and Philadelphia areas. She plays solo cornet with the Atlantic Brass Band and performs in the trumpet section with the Philadelphia Wind Symphony. Ms. Nelson is currently a Teaching Artist with Play On Philly in Philadelphia, PA, and she has a private studio of brass students based in Mount Holly, New Jersey. She received a Master of Music degree in Trumpet Performance from the University of Northern Colorado, and a Bachelor of Music degree from The University of South Alabama.
Looking forward to seeing your shining faces on my screen in May!!