St. Francis weekly newsletter – 5/8
What’s POPpin at St. Francis?
General Updates & Reminders
Important POP out of the Box Reminders:
If you are signed up for a class, workshop, or performance:
- You should receive an email and text reminder in the morning on the day of your scheduled class
- This email comes from the POP staff member who is facilitating your event (so be ready for an email from any of the people below)
- Your Zoom username must match your student’s name (FIRST AND LAST) or you cannot be admitted to the room (for security reasons)
WORKSHOPS & PERFORMANCES
Allie Mion (email@example.com)
Anna Meyer (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Alexandra Graham (email@example.com)
Andres Gonzales (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Christa Converse (Grades K-5) – email@example.com
Moriah Sultes (Grades 6-12) – firstname.lastname@example.org
#POPlayback – we want to hear from you!
This week’s prompt is:
POP FAMILY PORTAL STILL OPEN
The Family Portal will remain open/accessible for any families wishing to utilize the 100+ instructional videos created by POP TA’s for at-home practice. While we encourage you to continue to use this excellent resource, students and families should shift their focus to the new online classes through ‘Pop out of the Box’.
How to access the Portal & POP Resources:
- Go to www.playonphilly.org (bookmark this site if you haven’t already!)
- Click on ‘POP Family’ (right side of the screen, next to ‘About’, ‘Programs’, ‘How we work’, etc)
- Type in password: popfamily
- Click on ‘RESOURCES’ (right side of the screen)
- This will take you to the bottom of the page – find the button that says ‘CLICK HERE’
- After clicking the button, a new page should open on your browser with a Google Drive Folder called ‘Family Resources’. I recommend bookmarking this page on your device(s).
- Here you will see the different resources labeled accordingly.
- NOTE: the Practice Videos are organized by level and instrument. The Music Theory videos are not always instrument specific, and can apply to more than one instrument family.
Meet our fabulous Teaching Artists!
Each week we will shine a spotlight one of the
18 teachers on our St. Francis team.
We are so lucky to have each and every one of them here at POP!
Candace Truitt is a K-12 certified music teacher, and clarinetist. She received a Masters of Music Education from Temple University. Her undergraduate work included a dual degree of Clarinet Performance and Music Education. She spent several seasons with 2nd Star Productions in Bowie, Maryland, where she played clarinet and saxophone in the pit orchestra. She also enjoyed conducting and performing with the Temple Night Owls, while residing in Philadelphia.
Hope to continue to see many of you online at POP Out of the Box!