St. Francis weekly newsletter – 5/4
What’s POPpin at St. Francis?
General Updates & Reminders
It’s not too late to sign up for classes!
If you missed the chance to sign-up before the May 1 deadline and are interested in joining and class, workshop, or virtual performance, please email Ms. Allie at email@example.com
- Core Classes (occurring 2-3 time a week and focusing on music theory and literacy skills)
- Online Workshops and Performances (virtual gatherings and performances with some of your favorite POP Teaching Artists, every Monday and Friday at 5:00 pm)
#POPlayback – we want to hear from you!
This week’s prompt is:
POP FAMILY PORTAL STILL OPEN
The Family Portal will remain open/accessible for any families wishing to utilize the 100+ instructional videos created by POP TA’s for at-home practice. While we encourage you to continue to use this excellent resource, students and families should shift their focus to the new online classes through ‘Pop out of the Box’.
How to access the Portal & POP Resources:
- Go to www.playonphilly.org (bookmark this site if you haven’t already!)
- Click on ‘POP Family’ (right side of the screen, next to ‘About’, ‘Programs’, ‘How we work’, etc)
- Type in password: popfamily
- Click on ‘RESOURCES’ (right side of the screen)
- This will take you to the bottom of the page – find the button that says ‘CLICK HERE’
- After clicking the button, a new page should open on your browser with a Google Drive Folder called ‘Family Resources’. I recommend bookmarking this page on your device(s).
- Here you will see the different resources labeled accordingly.
- NOTE: the Practice Videos are organized by level and instrument. The Music Theory videos are not always instrument specific, and can apply to more than one instrument family.
Meet our fabulous Teaching Artists!
Each week we will shine a spotlight one of the
18 teachers on our St. Francis team.
We are so lucky to have each and every one of them here at POP!
Percussionist Dave Tarantino currently resides in Philadelphia after recently completing his Doctorate of Musical Arts at Boston University. A native of the Philadelphia area, he is excited to return and become a part of the vibrant music and arts community! Prior to relocating, Dave was a teaching assistant for the music education department at Boston University, where he taught non-major lessons and methods class. He was also on faculty and Percussion Department Coordinator for the Boston Youth Symphony Orchestra, as well as maintaining a private studio with many of his students going on to place in district and all state honors ensembles. Now in Philly, Dave is immersing himself in the music and arts community as an educator and freelance performer. In addition to his work at Play on Philly, he is a member of many of the areas premier orchestras including the Reading Symphony Orchestra and Orchestra 2001.
Hope to continue to see many of you online at POP Out of the Box!