St. Francis weekly newsletter – 4/10
What’s POPpin at St. Francis?
General Updates & Reminders
DRESS REHEARSAL VIDEO IS READY!
Combined Choir (Ms. Liz)‘Kye Kye Kule’
Percussion Ensemble (Mr. Dave) – ‘Kaleidescope’
Exploratory Class (Ms. Tessa) – ‘I don’t care if the rain comes down’
Harp Studio (Ms. Manijeh) – ‘Triptic Dance’
Intermediate Violin Studio (Ms. Annija) – ‘The Clown’
Choir 1 (Ms. Liz) – ‘Three Little Birds’, ‘Do-re-me’
Choir 2 (Ms. Liz) – ‘Dear Theodosia’, ‘Stand by me’
String Ensemble I (Ms. Yeliza) – ‘Freire Jacques’, ‘London Bridge’
String Ensemble II (Ms. Niki) – ‘Symphony No. 5’
Brass Ensemble (Mr. Caleb) – ‘Overture (La Clemenza di Tito)’, ‘William Tell’, ‘London Bridge’
Bassoon Studio (Ms. Rachel) – ‘Rigadoon’
Wind Ensemble (Mr. Nic and Ms. Candace) – ‘Festival Overture’, ‘Legend of the Irish Giant’
Wind Trio (Ms. Rachel) – ‘Divertimento’, mvmt. 5
St. Francis Upper Intermediate Strings (Ms. Yeliza) – ‘Sonata Vivant’, ‘Sinfonia’, ‘We will rock you’
“If music be the food of love, play on!”
POP FAMILY PORTAL
New Practice Videos added weekly! Be sure to check out these online resources for at-home learning.
Keep up with your POP teachers right from the portal. Our wonderful TA’s are recording multiple videos per week.
You can also check out a lesson with a different Teaching Artist on your instrument from another POP site to mix it up!
- Practice videos
- Music theory videos
- Mini lessons on repertoire and technique (3-4 minutes, focusing on different sections of the piece/s)
- Music theory worksheets
- Sheet music
- Links to some fun online Music Theory games, exercises, and other interactive learning
How to access the Portal & POP Resources:
- Go to www.playonphilly.org (bookmark this site if you haven’t already!)
- Click on ‘POP Family’ (right side of the screen, next to ‘About’, ‘Programs’, ‘How we work’, etc)
- Type in password: popfamily
- Click on ‘RESOURCES’ (right side of the screen)
- This will take you to the bottom of the page – find the button that says ‘CLICK HERE’
- After clicking the button, a new page should open on your browser with a Google Drive Folder called ‘Family Resources’. I recommend bookmarking this page on your device(s).
- Here you will see the different resources labeled accordingly.
- NOTE: the Practice Videos are organized by level and instrument. The Music Theory videos are not always instrument specific, and can apply to more than one instrument family.
Meet our fabulous Teaching Artists!
Each week we will shine a spotlight one of the
18 teachers on our St. Francis team.
We are so lucky to have each and every one of them here at POP!
Wing-Chuen Augustina Au
Born and raised in Hong Kong, Wing-Chuen Augustina Au started playing French horn in Secondary School. Augustina graduated with a Masters of Music in Horn Performance under Mr. Jeff Lang at Temple University. A dual citizen of Hong Kong and the United States, Augustina has performed performed locally with Symphony in C, Riverside Symphonia, Mendelssohn’s Club in Philadelphia and Orchestra 2001 in the Philadelphia area, as well as the Pan Asia Symphony Orchestra, Hong Kong Strings, and the Hong Kong Oratorio Society in Hong Kong. She has worked with many world-renowned musicians, including Christoph Eschenbach, Simone Lamsma and Yannick Nézet-Séguin.
Augustina currently resides in Philadelphia and operates as as a freelance performer and private teacher. She was thrilled to join Play On Philly this year as a Horn Teaching Artist at St. Francis de Sales and POP Symphony Orchestra.
ALL UPCOMING POP PROGRAMMING AND EVENTS ARE CANCELLED
THROUGH THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR.
BE SURE TO CHECK EMAIL REGULARLY FOR UPDATES FROM THE POP STAFF.
Be well, stay healthy, stay inside!