Play On Philly 2023-24 School Year
Current Families: Click the button below to get to the Family Portal
The following is general information about our SFDS programming.
If you are a current POP Family, please log into our Family Portal page.
Play On Philly (POP) provides underserved children in Philadelphia a transformative music education experience that develops and inspires the behaviors and personal skills needed for a successful life.
POP is happy to offer programming for eligible students from K-12. Throughout that time, their experience transforms and expands, moving from simpler musical experiences to playing with a whole orchestra!
General Eligibility, Fees, & Attendance Expectations
- Students in grades K-6 must be enrolled at St. Francis de Sales school to be eligible.
- Students in grades 6-12 are eligible for our Chamber Music Program, which involves 1-2 days of travel per week to Roman Catholic High School.
- There is an annual enrollment fee of $130 required for each student. This payment can be broken into three installments if needed, with an installment due each of the first three months (September 22nd = $50; October 20th = $40; December 1st = $40)
Students are allotted 10 unexcused absences for the entire regular program year, lasting from September to May. Acceptable excuses include sickness with a doctor’s note, medical appointment, etc.
General SFDS Schedule
Students complete an average of 5-8 hours a week, with extra time throughout the year for combined rehearsals and concerts.
There is no program this year on Fridays (unless specifically indicated by the Program Coordinator)
- PCO – Pre-Children’s Orchestra (Beginner)
- CO1 – Children’s Orchestra 1 (Beginner through Intermediate)
- CO2 – Children’s Orchestra 2 (Advanced)
For more a more detailed schedule, current families can log into the Family Portal.
Other POP Opportunities
Marian Anderson Young Artist Program (MAYAP)
The Marian Anderson Young Artist Program supports students, also known as Anderson Artists, in their musical studies through private lessons, individual advisement, instrument loans, and college and career counseling.
To learn more, click HERE
POP Summer Program
Summers at POP are an opportunity for musical and social-emotional growth through ensemble playing and intensive group lessons, as well as other forms of creativity and expression including dance, physical fitness, and art. This is open to rising grades 1-12 and rising college freshman.
To learn more, click HERE
Please email our SFDS Program Coordinator at email@example.com