Explore the Possibilities!
As a paid summer intern, you are a key piece of the puzzle to ensure Summer Program runs smoothly, students are safe, learning, thriving and having fun. Interns spend most of their time at POP working directly with students and teaching artists in a classroom. POP relies on interns to support administrative functions such as taking attendance and monitoring mealtimes.
Once per week, interns meet with arts leaders across Philadelphia to hear from their experiences and understand the vast landscape of non-profit careers after graduation.
Fill out an interest form for our 2023 Summer Internship program below.
- Undergraduate students interested in music education and working directly with students in grades K-12
- Plays an orchestral instrument proficiently and/or has knowledge of choral singing or piano accompaniment
- Shows interest in auxiliary arts programing, building authentic relationships with students, working closely with experienced Teaching Artists, and supporting the overall success of the POP Summer Program
- Possesses interpersonal skills, impeccable attention to detail, curiosity for learning new things and a willingness to “pitch in” wherever needed
Possible Professional Development Opportunities:
- Lunch and Learns
- Formal end of summer feedback and review
Employment Term (Summer 2023):
June 14-July 26 (with Orientation dates to be added)